Thursday, July 21, 2011

12 Month Healthy Habit Program

At the beginning of July, I decided to begin a 12 month Healthy Habit Program. Each month, I will focus on 1 healthy activity. The plan is that focusing on 1 activity per month will allow enough time to make it a habit. Then, the next month, I will add a new healthy goal to focus on. HOPEFULLY the previous goal will now be a habit, so I won't NEED to focus on it. Some of the goals that I want to focus on are:

1.       Increase fruit intake
2.       Increase veggie intake
3.       Cardio  
4.       Strength training
5.       Improve sleep
6.       Reduce stress
7.       Floss
8.       Increase healthy recipes
9.       Decrease sweets/make them more healthy
10.   Decrease T.V. time
11.   Decrease the amount of alcohol I drink
12.   Monthly breast exams
13.   Increase “lifestyle” activity level
14.   Decrease sodium intake
For July, I chose cardio. My goal is to do cardio 3 times a week for at least 30 minutes per time. And the odd part is, my July goal started while we are on vacation... and I still did well! And since then it has been going well too!



Another positive thing that came out of vacation is... Bruce & Kristi decided to start making healthy lifestyle changes! It makes me so happy that we as a family are talking about healthy eating and exercising! We will be happy & healthy together! 

No comments:

Post a Comment